“Carrie Ann Inaba!” Oh, how I love those words! In fact when the judges are announced each week on Dancing with the Stars, I have to scream it out in unison. Seriously, it’s fun. Try it in the privacy of your own home. And this week is the perfect time to do it as the sequin and sparkles cheesefest known as Dancing with the Stars returns for its latest season Monday March 22nd at 8pm on ABC. They are featuring the usual eclectic mix of contenders including an Olympian, a pop star, a couple reality stars, a soap star, a TV star in need of a comeback, an NFL great and a former student from West Beverly. Take a closer look at the competitors below. I’ve ranked them on their chances of winning according to presumed dance ability, buzz, popularity and, of course, my own opinion…
Ranking this season’s DWTS contenders:
- Evan Lysacek: hello he just won the Gold at the Winter Olympics. He has looks and moves and Olympians practically always win DWTS~ witness Apollo Ohno, Kristi Yamaguchi, Shawn Johnson
- Nicole Scherzinger: the only Pussycat Doll you actually know has sex appeal for days, and if you’ve ever seen her live, you know the girl can shake that thang
- Chad Ochocinco: this NFL fave has a big personality and I bet a big fan base
- Pamela Anderson: this Baywatch babe and mother of two with a penchant for booze and bad boys has the notoriety, but can she heat up the dance floor like she heats up a red one-piece?
- Jake Pavelka: the most recent and hottest Bachelor yet comes to the show with a lot of buzz. However, can he cha cha as well as he can make out with every blonde in sight?
- Brenda/Shannen Doherty: the bad girl of Beverly Hills is the latest 90210 star to vie for the mirror ball. She was a paparazzi fave and is known for her temper. Will she be just as volatile in her tango and samba?
- Aiden Turner: this former soap star (All My Children) has sex appeal and he’s a foreigner (he’s from jolly ole England!), so if he can move at least as well as Cameron Mathison, he might be able to last awhile in the competition.
- Niecy Nash: this comedian, TV host and actress (Reno 911) will definitely bring the funny, but will she be able to bring it the paso doble?
- Erin Andrews: this beautiful blonde CNN reporter could be a surprise contender. I hear she has some dance training. Now, if only people who watched this show also watched the news…
- Buzz Aldrin: the 82 astronaut apparently has the health of a 60 year old. However, does he have the personality of other, ahem, mature contestants like Cloris Leachman to help bring in the votes? … And bonus points if he does a dance with a walker! (I know I’m terrible)
- Kate Gosselin: the terrible tabloid target has no “Plus 8″ to help her out here. Hopefully this annoying fame seeker will be the first one voted out
So, who is your fave to take the title this year? Sound off below.
Tags: Aiden Turner, Apollo Ohno, Buzz Aldrin, Cameron Mathison, Dancing With the Stars, Evan Lysacek, Jake Pavelka, Kate Gosselin, Kristi Yamaguchi, Nicole Scherzinger, Niecy Nash, Pamela Anderson, Shannen Doherty, Shawn Johnson