There aren’t too many amazing original films on basic cable these days. For every great picture like Prayers for Bobby, you get a ton of bunch of woman in jeopardy junk, but Lifetime is offering up another worthy picture for you tonight with Five. Featuring a star-studded cast, lauded directors and a wonderful message, the movie is fantastic and should put Lifetime back in the Emmy race much like it did for Sigourney Weaver and the wonderful Bobby… With that said, here are five reasons you should watch Five tonight on Lifetime.
1. Five has a great, heartwarming, heartbreaking and inspiring story. It chronicles five short films exploring the impact of breast cancer on people’s lives.
2. It features a brilliant award-winning cast including Oscar nominee Patricia Clarkson, Emmy winner Tony Shalboub, Emmy nominees Jeffrey Tambor, Jeanne Tripplehorn, and Annie Potts, plus Rosario Dawson, Lindsey Fonseca, Josh Holloway, Kathy Najimy and Ginnifer Goodwin.
3. It is directed by five distinct and accomplished women~ Emmy winner Jennifer Aniston, Golden Globe nominee Demi Moore, Emmy nominee Patty Jenkins (The Killing, Monster), Penelope Spheeris (Wayne’s World) and Grammy winner Alicia Keyes.
4. It brings awareness to an important cause: breast cancer. And since this is Pinktober, breast cancer awareness month, it’s timely and a wonderful gift to those who fight this terrible disease every day.
5. It’s simply a tremendous film.
So, check it out tonight and here’s a behind the scenes video for you and a trailer for this important film.
Behind the scenes of Five